Stream objects help to solve two problems:
- Identifying a data stream
- Describing a data stream
Identifying data streams
ObjectFactories can produce and/or consume data streams. But we need some help for the following cases:
- How many Streams can it handle ?
- How to differentiate between the different Streams an
ObjectFactory handles ?
- A SourceFactory might provide several audio streams, we need to
be able to:
- List them
- Pick one
- Use that Stream with a SingleStreamDecodebin and have it pick THAT stream (and not another one)
- A SourceFactory might provide several audio streams, we need to be able to:
- What Stream is used upstream/downstream for a given Stream
(Ex : A DV Video file contains a
Raw Video Streamwhich is inherited from a
DV Video Stream, itself inherited from a
DV System Stream.)
Describing data streams
In order to differentiate between Audio and Video data streams (or any other media for that matter), Stream objects provide a description.
- The equivalent
gst.Capsfor that given stream
- Are two Streams compatible ? If not, what can I use to make them compatible ?
- They can have stream-specific metadata (i.e. mp3 bitrate, h264 profile, ...)
The results of the search are