Pitivi development website
This is the documentation for planning/contributing to Pitivi, the Free and Open Source video editor based on GStreamer. If you're looking for documentation on how to use Pitivi, check out our User's Manual (also available directly inside the application)!
To edit the website edit the markdown files in our git repo in the
docs/ and follow our developer instructions.
See the Developer documentation section page for a complete listing of documentation aimed at contributing to Pitivi. Here is a small overview/some starting points taken from that category:
- Easy and fun projects for new contributors
- Roadmap (long-term plans)
- Architecture: where does Pitivi fit? What are all those components?
- Brainstorming (UI mockups and “future” features only!)
See also the Contributing page on the website (includes a “Why contribute to Pitivi?” section).
Tools to help you get started
- Setup development environment (official and easiest way to get your testing/development environment running, with pre-built dependencies)
- The test suite (outdated)
Ways to communicate
- Reporting bugs
- IRC: #pitivi on irc.freenode.net
- Our Google+ page or Twitter account. Do not report bugs there, use our bug tracker instead!
- The people (who does what)
- Goals (mission statement, vision)
- Project history - rumors of our death have been greatly exagerated... :)
- Current events - releases, meetings, talks ... See also the planet for news about the project.
- Why Python?
- Praise - a page to list some of the praises and positive comments we received
- Google Summer of Code
Pages that need to be reworked/deleted
The pages in these categories need to be reworked. Help is welcome! Also, feel free to tag pages with these categories should you find that a page is woefully incomplete or outdated:
The results of the search are